Haryana State Council for Physiotherapy was constituted as an autonomous statutory body constituted by the Government of Haryana in the year 2020 under “Haryana State Council for Physiotherapy Act, 2020” notified on 31 March 2020.
Functions of Haryana State Council for Physiotherapy are:-
- To Co-ordinate and determine the standards of Physiotherapy.
- To regulate the practice of the profession by persons possessing recognized Physiotherapy qualification.
- To maintain the Registers of Physiotherapists for Haryana.
- To advice the Government in matters relating to the requirements of manpower in the field of Physiotherapy.
- To assist the Government in regard to continuing education of registered Physiotherapists.
The Government of Haryana vide notification. No. Leg. 6/2020 dated 25 March, 2020 In exercise of the powers conferred by section (4) of the Haryana State Council for Physiotherapy Act, 2020, The Government shall, by notification constitute a Council consisting of the following members, namely: -
- (i) Director, Medical Education and Research Department shall be the President.
- (ii) Deputy Director, dealing with the subject of Physiotherapy in Medical Education and Research Department shall be the Vice-President.
- (iii) One Physiotherapist amongst the teaching faculty from each of the Government teaching institutions in the State, to be nominated by the Government.
- (iv) Three Physiotherapists amongst the teaching faculty in the Government Aided or private institutions in the State, to be nominated by the Government.
- Two members elected in the election conducted by the Council from amongst the registered practitioners.
- (vi) One member from the Haryana Medical Council to be nominated by the Government.
- The Registrar of the Council shall be the Member-Secretary.